I am trying to use the HORM (hibernate once, resume many) feature of Windows XP Embedded 2009.
I have found an already built evaluation image for my device which includes HORM and EWF. It booted through the First Boot Agent fine and then boots into a standard windows shell. I then followed the instructions given by the vendor for enabling the HORM feature:
1. Boot image until FBA finish.
2. Enable hibernate in “Control Panel -> Power Options -> Hibernate -> Enable hibernation”.
3. Run “ewfmgr c: -enable”.
4. Run “xpepm –restart” (or reboot from start menu).
5. Run “ewfmgr c: -activatehorm”.
6. Run and configure your application.
7. Run “xpepm –hibernate” (or hibernate from start menu).
Upon booting after enabling HORM, it hangs at the screen for resuming. See screenshot below. I have let it sit there for many minutes. The num lock on the keyboard does not function so it seems like the computer is locked up. But I never see any blue screen. Rebooting again, I can catch the boot by pressing F8 to delete restoration data and boot windows normally.
Is there a configuration on my device either in XP embedded or the bios that is not correct? Again I am using an image built by the vendor so there should be no question of compatibility.