I have a silverlight application that connects to a WCF service to get data. For some reason I am having a lot of problems when trying to get the application to work on almost every machine running Windows 2003 and IIS 6 when using Windows Authentication for the application. Currently I only have this configuration working on two machines. The first machine is an internal test machine that I didn't have any trouble setting up. The second machine is a customers machine that I was able to eventually get to work but I am not sure what I did differently or why it eventually started to work.
The folders in the application are:
1. bin (contains the dlls)
2. ClientBin (contains the xap)
3. service (contains the svc)
The steps that I am taking are:
1. Set the directory security for the application folder to use Integrated WIndows Authentication
2. Set the directory security for the service folder to use Anonymous Authentication
3. Restart IIS
4. Open a new browser (I have found that I try to use the same browser it still fails)
The application loads successfully and then when I access a page that tries to utilize the service I get a Not Found error. If I reconfigure IIS to use Anonymous authentication for everything it works fine. I really don't understand what I am missing.