I have a client with a strange problem that I just cannot figure out what is happening.
Acrobat 9 Standard is installed on a WIn XP system with two identical monitors in which Windows spans both monitors.
When any Acrobat file is opened, the following occurrs:
- The file opens on the left monitor (Monitor 1).
- The file window is in a restored state, but is stretched to fill the entire monitor.
- About a half inch of the Acrobat file window bleeds over ot the right monitor (monitor 2).
- The file window is "positioned" this way. In other words, is is moved to the right about a half inch and does not fill the left half inch of monitor 1. (I hope this makes sense...).
To have acrobat files open in full-screen mode and fill monitor 1.
1. This only happens with Acrobat files.
2. Acrobat 9 Standard has been configured via Edit, Preferences, Full Screen Setup:
- Current document only; FIll screen with one page; Which Monitor="This Monitor"
3. When I open the Acrobat 9 application, the application opens exactly according to the view preferences. I can change which monitor to open the application on by changing the preferences.
4. Acrobat files do not follow the prefences setup. If I double-click on an Acrobat file in Exploere or the Desktop, the file will open on monitor 1 and bleed over to monitor 2 (see description).
- Even if I open an Acrobat file from within the Acrobat 9 application (File, Open), the file window will not open according to the preferences.
5. After a file is opened when I Maximixe the window (or double-click on the titel bar), the window maximizes on montor 1, and does not bleed over to monitor 2.
The only thing I have not tried is to reinstall the application. DOes anyone have an idea as to how to resolve this without reinstalling the application? I am not sure that a reinstall is going to fix it anyway.