1. windows server 2003
2. workstation - windows xp pro
3. a user left; login under user-name1 with some apps
4. wants to replace with a new login name user-name2
5. what is the best way to do.
6. anyway to just create a new user user-name2 and copy the profile over then delete user-name1?
renaming normally leads to a world of hurt, as windows wont recognise the UID, and will create a new user profile for the user, but with a slightly different name - user.name2.domain or something similar.
The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Installation and configuration of the Data Protection Manager product. Note that this demonstration was prepared on the basis of Windows OS is 2008 R2 and DPM 2010.
The new Microsoft OS looks great, is easier than ever to upgrade to, it is even free. So what's the catch? If you don't change the privacy settings, Microsoft will, in accordance with the (EULA) you clicked okay to without reading, collect all the…
In this video, we discuss why the need for additional vertical screen space has become more important in recent years, namely, due to the transition in the marketplace of 4x3 computer screens to 16x9 and 16x10 screens (so-called widescreen format). …