My first post here.
I have a HP ML350 G5 server setup with 2x36gb 0+1 mirror and 4x72Gb RAID 5 they are 2.5 SAS drives there is a total of 8 bays 6 being used.
The OS mirror is getting rather full only 12% freespace and that is after moving the swapfile to the RAID 5 array.
I have purchased another 2 72Gb drives to replace the 36Gb drives but i cannot get the server to boot from the new drives.
this is what i have done:
1. installed the 2 new drives into the spare bays
2. created a new 0+1 volume (36gb= volume 1, raid 5= volume 2, new drives= volume 3)
3. used Acronis backup & recovery 10 to clone volume 1 to volume 3
4. shutdown server and removed the physical drives from volume 1
5. moved the new volume 3 drives from bays 7 + 8 to bays 1 + 2 where the old volume 1 drives were
6. restarted server the E200i controller recognised the discs and automatically updated
7. E200i complained about the 2 missing drives but gave me the option to press F2 ignore and continued to start
But it will not boot into windows it just tries to find other boot options ie network boot.
so i shut the server down and put the 2 old drives into the spare bays (7 + 8) again the controller recognised the drives and booted from the old 36gb drives into windows.
I need to be able to boot from the new volume how do i tell the e200i controller which volume to boot from?
The only thing i can think of is the 'boot marker' but i do not know how to flag a volume as bootable!
thank you for looking