Firstly, an apology I have a file packed with proprietary data both in the sheets and also in the (extensive) code so cannot supply it and attempts to reproduce a sanitised equivalent with the issue have failed.
There are certain cells with text, (i.e. NOT a formula) that when I edit them the change event handler is not triggered. Other cells the handler is triggered before and after but everytime I try to edit a 'dodgy' cell the handler does not trigger at all.
1. The suspect cells have string contents
2. The change event continues to be triggered on other cells.
3. There are a significant number of cells across 2 columns looks like all cells in the subject columns
4. For the normal event handler the VBE displays activity
5. For the suspect cells the VBE displays running for a longer period than the normal event handler.
6. The suspect cells do not enter the change handler at all ... first instruction as stop (and/or breakpoint) is not triggered by these cells.
7. Sometimes!, after editing a suspect cell the cell that has the focus will flash circa 0.5s black highlight and off again ... don't know if it's related.
The end result was I had accidently applied a conditional format to a full column and for some reason this cause the whole sheet to take forever to calculate and then the cursor movement to freeze
Acronis protects the complete Microsoft technology stack: Windows Server, Windows PC, laptop and Surface data; Microsoft business applications; Microsoft Hyper-V; Azure VMs; Microsoft Windows Server 2016; Microsoft Exchange 2016 and SQL Server 2016.
As with any other System Center product, the installation for the Authoring Tool can be quite a pain sometimes. This article serves to help you avoid making these mistakes and hopefully save you a ton of time on troubleshooting :)
Step 1: Make sur…