Excel event handler
Posted on 2011-02-21
Firstly, an apology I have a file packed with proprietary data both in the sheets and also in the (extensive) code so cannot supply it and attempts to reproduce a sanitised equivalent with the issue have failed.
There are certain cells with text, (i.e. NOT a formula) that when I edit them the change event handler is not triggered. Other cells the handler is triggered before and after but everytime I try to edit a 'dodgy' cell the handler does not trigger at all.
1. The suspect cells have string contents
2. The change event continues to be triggered on other cells.
3. There are a significant number of cells across 2 columns looks like all cells in the subject columns
4. For the normal event handler the VBE displays activity
5. For the suspect cells the VBE displays running for a longer period than the normal event handler.
6. The suspect cells do not enter the change handler at all ... first instruction as stop (and/or breakpoint) is not triggered by these cells.
7. Sometimes!, after editing a suspect cell the cell that has the focus will flash circa 0.5s black highlight and off again ... don't know if it's related.
Anyone have useful clues?