We have a Windows Server 2008 system that has a folder on it that is shared. We have a process that copies a file to this share. For some reason the folder keeps loosing the NTFS permissions on the folder. This server is currently on the domain, we just migrated to it. The previous server was not on the domain and had the same issue which leads be to believe something is removing it.
For example we have the default folder permissions on the folder. We added 2 domain accounts and gave them permission. The domain accounts are now showing up as SIDs. We also gave the built-in users group modify permissions on the folder but it keeps getting reset to only read/execute, list, and read.
I need to figure out what is doing this and how to fix it. Below is the script that is run as a scheduled tasks that is not working. What I am currently doing to fix this is to log into 10.0.0.15, add modify to the users group, and re-run the task.
net use /d * /Y
Rem Add credentials before connecting (net use \\IP\IPC$ /User:User <PASS>
net use \\10.0.0.15\IPC$ /User:domain\user password
copy E:\file.csv \\10.0.0.15\csvupload$\file.csv /Y
REM DIR \\10.0.0.15\csvupload$\file.csv
net use \\10.0.0.15\IPC$ /d /Y