I have been trying to dig myself out of an Exchange problem and have realised I needspecific help rather than just checking other posts.
I had a SBS2003 server with exchange. I have migrated to Ex2010.
All seemed fine for months until I added some new mailboxes recently who didn't show up in OAB GAL. So I started investigating. Event log had numerous errors about replications failing and OAB referencing the old server (decommissioned). So I found the relevant entries in ADSI edit and started fixing issues.
I managed to get Event log happy, no errors. However the Public Folders wouldn't accept any emails: The Active Directory user wasn't found.
So googled it, found fix (again an edit in ADSI) and I have now (foolishly) removed all references to the old "first administartive group", after a reboot it is worse. In Database Management tab the Public Folder Database isn't listed. I can't find a way to relist it and trying to create a new one fails.
In event log now i'm getting this: Event ID 231
the copy of database 'Public Folder Database 1' on this server encountered an error during the mount operation.
I'm not overly bothered about the old public folder db, if i can mount it then happy dys, if not I know what all the folders were and can recreate in new DB. will loss emails but hey, these things happen.
I'm sure there is loads of info I'll need to post, so ask away. I'm not sure what is relevant at this stage.
OAB is not updating, so cached mode Outlook users aren't seeing lasted GAL, but I assume this will be a PF replication issue.