We currently have a database that lists all of our tasks each day. The database has worked so far but tasks are occurring at times that are more complex. 2nd Sunday, last Monday, 3rd Saturday and so on. I order to account for this we end up having the task show up all week. We also have to type in multiple tasks that cover the same thing. So if we have to check a website every hour then that is 24 entries instead of just 1.
So what we want to do is to redesign the database to account for the following:
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th, last day, etc of a month
- Enter one task with a reoccurrence
- The task should also have the ability to have specific times exempt due to time during shift change over or other factors.
- Separation of Daily, Weekly, and Monthly tasks for easier viewing.
- Adding an administration form to edit the tasks.
The thing is I am not sure that MS Access 2007 is capable of achieving this. So I guess my questions would be what would be the best course of action for getting what we are looking for. What application would work best? Please be aware that our Supervisor likes everything in Access and so we only have the free version of VB.Net which will make it hard when it comes to reports.
I have attached what we currently use and an example of one of our shift task sheets.
Any suggestions on this would be very helpful.