I'm using Outlook 2007.
My .pst file has grown to 6 GB.
The performance of Outlook has decreased.
I have done .pst compaction (for the first time) but it didn't help.
In addition to that when I right click "Personal folders" and display folder size, the size shown is around 3 GB.
My questions are:
1) what is the reason for the gap between 6 GB (physical pst size) and 3 GB (personal folder size shown in Outlook)?
2) what shall I do to increase speed of outlook?
- use some external compression program to compress .pst? if so, then which one?
- increase number of .pst files?
- delete e-mails? :)
- change e-mail software and migrate my .pst file?
- any other ideas?
3) I found software called "SysInfoTools PST Compress And Compact".
It compresses all attachments to .zip files.
Are there any alternatives which perform compaction only - that is, they do what Outlook does but better? (as I said, Outlook compaction did not help me, maybe because I didn't run compaction on a regular basis and now the pst file is too big for Outlook to do the compaction right?)
I do not want all my attachments to be moved to zip archives.
thank you very much,