Hi I Have a couple of questions. I have a client who has reached the 2gb limit and needs to upgrade. My database size was 2000mb Space avaible 0mb and Usage 100%. i was getting Could not allocate space for object journal in database. primary filegroup is full. I deleted some journals for now using DELETE FROM journal WHERE time < GETDATE() - (365 * 3). and also shrunk database. Now the Database size is 948mb, space available 179mb and usage 81%. This does not make sense I have halved the database size but still the usage is 81% and space available is only 179mb. so my first question is
1. is this normal and will I get another few years out of the setup i have now, as the database size has halved or does it go by the Usage?
2. Is the limitation of the 2gb rule down to sql 2000 or is it RMS 1.2.
3. Can I upgrade Sql 2000 and leave RMS 1.2 in place.
4. Can I upgrade from Rms 1.2 to Rms 2.0
5. The client POS stations are running windows 2000 and server xp ,will this be a problem
6.Should i be looking at POS 2009 or Rms 2.0