Solved

SSIS package failing on zip script task when run by SQL Server Agent job

Posted on 2011-02-24
1
1,193 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-11
Hi,

I have a SSIS package that was deployed successfully on a SQL Server cluster (2-node, active/passive config). This package was deployed to run as a scheduled SQL Server Agent job on the active node and it has run fine for several weeks. Recently, a configuration change was made that flipped the cluster configuration and this broke the job.

The package features a C# script task that handles an unzip task. This utilises the Microsoft J# redistributable and I used the code from one of the public SQL blog sites. When I run the package interactively in BIDS on the new active node, it runs fine. However, when I run the SQL Server Agent job, it fails with the following error message:
"...System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral..."

I am guessing this is something to do with the SQL Server Agent proxy account but I'm not sure how to fix it. The proxy account in question is linked to a credential based on a domain account that has admin permissions on both servers in the cluster. When I ran the package successfully in BIDS on the active node server, I was logged in (to Windows) with this domain account (the SQL database connections in the package use the SQL sa account). I tried running the J# redistributable installer again and ran a repair, but this has made no difference.

Can anyone assist me please?

Thanks in advance.
0
Comment
Question by:irb56
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
1 Comment
 

Accepted Solution

by:
irb56 earned 0 total points
ID: 35005878
I tried uninstalling Microsoft Visual J# Restributable Package, then reinstalling whilst logged on as the domain user that is also used as the credential/proxy account for running the SQL Server agent job. This made no difference. I tried deleting the script task that does the zip work and recreating it in the package, then re-deploying the package. This made no difference.

Finally, I changed the execution options of the SQL Server Agent job step to use the 32 bit runtime and this fixed the issue!

Unfortunately I now have another problem with the package, for which I will raise a new question!
0

Featured Post

PeopleSoft Has Never Been Easier

PeopleSoft Adoption Made Smooth & Simple!

On-The-Job Training Is made Intuitive & Easy With WalkMe's On-Screen Guidance Tool.  Claim Your Free WalkMe Account Now

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Occasionally there is a need to clean table columns, especially if you have inherited legacy data. There are obviously many ways to accomplish that, including elaborate UPDATE queries with anywhere from one to numerous REPLACE functions (even within…
In this article I will describe the Detach & Attach method as one possible migration process and I will add the extra tasks needed for an upgrade when and where is applied so it will cover all.
In this brief tutorial Pawel from AdRem Software explains how you can quickly find out which services are running on your network, or what are the IP addresses of servers responsible for each service. Software used is freeware NetCrunch Tools (https…
This is my first video review of Microsoft Bookings, I will be doing a part two with a bit more information, but wanted to get this out to you folks.

628 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question