We have only user with a mobile phone who cannot sync successfully to his exchange mail account. He has tried two different phones (windows mobile 6, Android HTC evo shift) with the same result. I've used the https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com
site for diagnostics. Only on this user will we receive a sync error. all other users i have tested come back fine. I've checked the security settings in active directory for this user, and all seems to be tip top. i wondering if the best way to go now is export his mail, delete the old user, create a new one, then import his mail back. here are the results of the diag. at the very bottom is the only error that consistently arises when i run this individual.
ExRCA is testing Exchange ActiveSync.
The Exchange ActiveSync test failed.
Attempting to resolve the host name webmail.XXXXXXXXX.net in DNS.
The host name resolved successfully.
IP addresses returned: 184.108.40.206
Testing TCP port 443 on host webmail.XXXXXXXXX.net to ensure it's listening and open.
The port was opened successfully.
Testing the SSL certificate to make sure it's valid.
The certificate passed all validation requirements.
Validating the certificate name.
The certificate name was validated successfully.
Host name webmail.XXXXXXXXX.net was found in the Certificate Subject Common name.
Validating certificate trust for Windows Mobile devices.
The certificate is trusted and all certificates are present in the chain.
The certificate is trusted for Windows Mobile 5.0 and later versions. Root = CN=Entrust.net Secure Server Certification Authority, OU=(c) 1999 Entrust.net Limited, OU=www.entrust.net/CPS
incorp. by ref. (limits liab.), O=Entrust.net, C=US
Testing the certificate date to confirm the certificate is valid.
Date validation passed. The certificate hasn't expired.
The certificate is valid. NotBefore = 8/5/2010 12:00:00 AM, NotAfter = 8/9/2011 11:59:59 PM
Checking the IIS configuration for client certificate authentication.
Client certificate authentication wasn't detected.
Accept/Require Client Certificates isn't configured.
Testing HTTP Authentication Methods for URL https://webmail.XXXXXXXXXX.net/Microsoft-Server-Activesync/
The HTTP authentication methods are correct.
ExRCA found all expected authentication methods and no disallowed methods. Methods found: Basic
An ActiveSync session is being attempted with the server.
Errors were encountered while testing the Exchange ActiveSync session.
Attempting to send the OPTIONS command to the server.
The OPTIONS response was successfully received and is valid.
Headers received: Allow: OPTIONS,POST
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 18:10:54 GMT
Attempting the FolderSync command on the Exchange ActiveSync session.
The FolderSync command completed successfully.
Number of folders: 45
Attempting the initial sync to the Inbox folder. This initial sync won't return any data.
The Sync command completed successfully.
Attempting to test the GetItemEstimate command for the Inbox folder.
ExRCA received an error in response to the GetItemEstimate command.
An HTTP 500 response was returned from IIS7.