Recent install of Exchange 2010 in live environment. Existing environment was Server 2003 with Exchange 2003. There was a previous Server 2008 file server in place, so forest and domain prep had all previously been run.
Server was built up, promoted and FSMO roles moved over. Everything was fine. Installed Exchange, allowed it to install needed roles and Features.
Was able to open Exchange management in the beginning. Even move a test mailbox over successfully. At some point I lost access to the console. The only changes I made in IIS were HTTP redirects and a custom error redirect on the default website. I've removed all those changes to see if they caused my issue without success.
Here is the error I'm getting:
"Starting command on remote server failed with the following error message: The Winrm client cannot process the request. It cannot determine the content type of the HTTP response from the destination computer. The content type is absent or invalid. Fro more information, see about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help Topic"
I have verified that Kerbauth is native and local
I have verified the WSman entry
When I try to run an Power shell commands (Get-user, Set-user, and others) the fail saying there is no cmdlet with that name. So I can't verify that my account (domain admin) is allow Remote Shell access.
I also downloaded and ran EMT shooter and it passed all errors.
I thought to reinstall Exchange management tools to see if something went wrong with the install of that component, but it is grayed out.
I also saw some people talking about remove WinRM, but I cannot find more info on that.