First, let me say Google's announcement today to remove experts-exchange.com from their search algorithm's is so wrong. This site, to me, as an IT prefessional, has been invaluable. Bad on google.
That said, here is my latest problem:
We changed internet providers at one of my clients. Everything worked well until a W7 client at home tried to access his W7 workstation at work, after the IPs were changed. We have a 1-2-1 NAT address in their firewall to make this work. So I changed the public ip for this PC, and now the client cannot connect anymore, nor can I from any other W7 based workstation outside of the network. Connecting to the W7 host from a remote XP client works fine, and from what I have found so far, it appears it is somehow related to a certificate problem between W7 and W7. I have followed those threads, removed certs from the intermedaite store on the client on the RDP side, I have even changed the hosts IP address, and associated 1-4-1 nat address to the internet, thinking that would issue a new cert but the problem remains.
Through many scenarios I can see that it is a W7 to W7 problem, as Xp to the W7 host computer works fine.
Thanks as always for any and all of your help.