The scenario is as follows:
- We're trying to consolidate multiple domains which was previously created. So assume we have Domain A, Domain B and Domain C in the original configuration. We're trying to consolidate all of the users, workstations and servers into Domain D. All domains are from separate forests.
- Each Domain may contain the same user. However the problem is the naming convention when creating the username are all different. Example:
- Domain A may have the username created as Tom.Jones
- Domain B may have the username created as Jones.Tom
- Domain C may have the username created as TJones
But they are all the same user.
As I understand it, ADMT will only merge users that have a conflicting username. So in this scenario, do I have to rename the username for Domain B and C to fit the naming standard of Domain A before we can merge the account together? Or is there a better alternative than manually renaming the usernames in the smaller domains?
Any advice on this is greatly appreciated.