Sage Accounts using VMWare datastore problem
Posted on 2011-02-28
I currently run a DL380 G5 with VMWare ESXi 4 (the free version). This has 2 VServers, one of which hosts my shared network drives. Physically this is 4 SAS drives in RAID 10. The servers are well under utilised - only 1 person accessing them most of the time.
Pretty standard procedure and works well, except:
I have Sage Accounts 2010 installed on a client with the Sage data being on its own shared drive. Problem I have is 95% of the time, I open Sage, and it'll hang for ages on the Splash screen.
If I browse to the shared drive, the logon prompt for Sage then appears immediately. If I browse to this drive immediately before opening Sage, it works as expected most of the time.
Scattered occurances of:
- Having to re-browse to the drive for a second time after inputting credentials
- Having to re-browse to the drive after updating any information (Sage will hang with a progress bar saying "Waiting for xxx.dta"
- NOT having to browse at all, just works as expected (very rare, typically if I close sage and re-open immediately)
Once I'm in, it works fine.
Have done AV exclusions, although I cant see why that would cause it to do this. Accessing other shared drives/files all work wonderfully.
Client is Windows 7 Pro x64. Only other PC with Sage installed is an XP VM, which I believe does not have this issue. No other problems that I can think of on the network etc.