Active Sync not working after server change
Posted on 2011-02-28
I have moved my Exchange mailboxes to a much better new server. The server is working fine with Outlook clients, pop clients, RPC over HTTPS, and OWA. I have created an additional virtual directory and added the registry entry as per KB817379. (Several times in fact)
When I set the account up on my iPod touch, the exchange account is verified, but when I try to check mail I get the error "Cannot Get Mail" The connection to the server failed.
These are the entries in the IIS Log pertaining to an attempt.
2011-02-28 21:52:43 W3SVC1 10.1.1.3 OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync &Log=VNATNASNC:0A0C0D0FS:0A0C0D0SP:0C0I0S0R0S0L0H 443 ADDOMAIN\USER 220.127.116.11 Apple-iPod4C1/803.148 200 0 0
2011-02-28 21:52:46 W3SVC1 10.1.1.3 OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync &Log=VNATNASNC:0A0C0D0FS:0A0C0D0SP:0C0I0S0R0S0L0H 443 ADDOMAIN\USER 18.104.22.168 Apple-iPod4C1/803.148 200 0 0
2011-02-28 21:52:46 W3SVC1 10.1.1.3 PROPFIND /exchange-oma/USER@INTERNETDOMAN/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/iPod/ApplC3YDM1H9DCP9 - 80 - 10.1.1.3 Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/6.5.7638.1 401 1 64
2011-02-28 21:52:46 W3SVC1 10.1.1.3 POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync User=USER&DeviceId=ApplC3YDM1H9DCP9&DeviceType=iPod&Cmd=FolderSync&Log=V4TNASNC:0A0C0D0FS:0A0C0D0SP:1C1I483S0R0S0L0H0P 443 ADDOMAIN\USER 22.214.171.124 Apple-iPod4C1/803.148 500 0 0
Where ADDOMAIN is the local domaina and INTERNETDOMAIN is the public domain. USER is the username
Which looks to me like the login is verified by the objects can't be found.
I've been working on this and other issue for four days and the owner, an Apple entusiast, is upset his iPad doesn't work.