I am seeking recommendations on the best way to manage AD accounts required for network services. Currently, we have the following accounts:
1. Domain admin account used for server administration
2. Backup Exec account used for backups
3. Blackberry Enterprise account used for BES
4. General network administrator account/mailbox
5. Windows NT service account so we can change passwords for domain admin and BES admin and not impact services. Not everyone on the team has this account.
I'm looking to consolidate our accounts for security and licensing costs.. I want to know what the best practice is in this arena. I'm considering consolidating everything (services, backup, bes) into the network admin account. Under this plan we'll have 2 accounts, general admin and netadmin used for services and such. We don't need the entire team to know the netadmin password; but we still need our team to login to the server (and I don't want to change service passwords everytime we change the domain admin password!)