I would ultimately like to create a simple dialog-based app that does a simple calculation, like adding 1+1, and displays the result in a text box. The caveat is, that I would like the calculation performed in a separate .cpp file (Functions.cpp) so that I can isolate the calculation part of the program from everything else. So, I did the following:
1. Created an MFC dialog-based application in VS2008 called "FirstApp". The files FirstApp.cpp and FirstAppDlg.cpp were created (along with their respective header files).
2. Using the Resource View tab, I inserted a button dialog called IDC_BUTTON1. This is the button to be pushed.
3. Then I Inserted an edit control dialog called IDC_EDIT1. This is where the results of 1+1 is to be displayed.
4. I created Functions.cpp and Functions.h (no code in there yet)
5. Double clicked on the button dialog and my cursor is now blinking under "void CFirstAppDlg::OnBnClickedButton1()"
....and now I'm stuck. I've drawn a blank and don't know what to do from here.
Can someone help me along towards my ultimate goal? Thank you very much!