Subscription Style Invoice Processing in CRM 4.0/GP 10
Posted on 2011-03-02
Quote to Cash Issue.
We are a software company that currently has Dynamics CRM 4 integrated via Scribe to Dynamics GP 10. We do the volume of our business on a subscription basis via our product mix, so we end up billing the majority of our customers once a year. During that time, we also may have upsells, downgrades, etc. that occur on a specific account depending on what solutoins they may need access to. As such, once a CRM order is submitted, the one-way process looks as follows:
CRM Order > Scribe > GP Order > GP Invoice
Here is the problem:
We currently have about 20% of our customers on some form of a contract (off standard pricing for 3 years) and the other 80% are evergreen. The figures hold true on a year to year basis when factoring in new sales, client losses, etc. We currently have a very manual process that lasts for about 3 months as we gather order information and try to process this through from a CRM Order to a GP Invoice. As with any manual process, the assembly happens outside of the system and is greatly prone to errors along with being just archaically inefficient.
Ideally, I'd like to setup GP Contracts Administration to handle the renewals and partially remove CRM Orders from the equation. However, due to how our software is built, we have integrated hooks into CRM Orders that require those orders to be present in the system.
Has anyone ever faced a situation such as this one and how did you overcome it? Basically we want to setup a subscription service that provides a GP invoice to the customer on a specific and recurring cycle with minimal order entry and sales review as it would be based on current ownership (including upsells and minus downgrades) with a yearly uptick percentage at either the order level or the line item level.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.