Hi, Can someone answer the following questions for me:
1. For SSAS partitions, one can build aggregations for them. What exactly has been done after aggregations were built? Are they new tables with summary data and where I can locate them?
2. Aggregation takes up storage spaces, but what exactly taking up the spaces? Are the indexes used to calculate the summary data taking up the spaces or something else?
3. Are the indexes created for aggregation using index intersection or compound key indexes?
4. A cube with MOLAP and ROLAP type of partitions, where do the summary tables stored? the AS database or on the data source?
5. One can use SQL Profiler to catch MDX queries. How can it be helpful for AS to create proper indexes to facilitate the response time of frequently used queries?
6. Does AS engine create aggregations based on hierarchy?
7. There are options to give percentage to build for aggregation. What is the percent referring to? Percent of total combination of foreign keys of a measure group?