• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 604
  • Last Modified:

users receiving false non delivery message after restoring exchange database

I had to restore our exchange 2007 database after hardware failure.  Now I have a internal user that keeps getting an error message when sending messages to another internal (domain) user but the message is delivered.  The error message is:  

Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007

Diagnostic information for administrators:
Generating server: remote.xxx.com
IMCEAEX-_O=FIRST+20ORGANIZATION_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=Mark+2EMcCxxx@xxx.com
#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##
Original message headers:
Received: from remote.xxx.com ([192.168.1.105]) by remote.xxx.com
 ([192.168.1.105]) with mapi; Fri, 4 Mar 2011 10:36:08 -0600
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
From: Tim Thornton <Tim.Thxxx@xxx.com>
To: Brian Williams <Brian.Wxxx@xxx.com>, Kevin Lxxx
      <Kevin.Lxxx@xxx.com>, Mark Hxxx <Mark.Hxxx@xxx.com>, "Mark
 McCxxx"
      <IMCEAEX-_O=FIRST+20ORGANIZATION_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=Mark+2EMcCoxxx@xxx.com>,
      Romay Paxxx <Romay.Paxxx@xxx.com>, Ron Dxxx <Ron.Dxxx@xxx.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 10:35:52 -0600
Subject: FW: 03-04-11 Digest
Thread-Topic: 03-04-11 Digest
Thread-Index: AcvaehFWWu+yHGSWQ8eMi2c5DqukfQAECiK3
Message-ID: <60E78C85F169A3489105ACEF728963781E491E3193@remote.xxx.com>
References: <3A7F08F8FD5ABB4A8C098A7612C58310016170E29DBD@ONE-ALL31.one.mda.mil>
In-Reply-To: <3A7F08F8FD5ABB4A8C098A7612C58310016170E29DBD@ONE-ALL31.one.mda.mil>
Accept-Language: en-US
Content-Language: en-US
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <60E78C85F169A3489105ACEF728963781E491E3193@remote.xxx.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0

The address in question is the Mark.McCxxx@xxx.com, the error above seems to think email address is mark.eMcCxxx@xxx.com.

Where do I go to fix this?  I've deleted the auto address for Mark.McCxxx in senders outlook. But after a few days it started again.

Thanks,
Greg
0
gwell2
Asked:
gwell2
  • 2
1 Solution
 
gwell2Author Commented:
FYI....user is not using Outlook but is using owa
0
 
Alan HardistyCommented:
Is the user selecting the recipient from their Autocomplete list rather than the global Address List?

If they are and selecting them from the GAL works, please delete the entry from the Autocomplete list.
0
 
gwell2Author Commented:
I will check again...I noticed I put " I've deleted the auto address for..." above, I used the wrong term, should have said "autocomplete" instead of auto address".
0
 
Glen KnightCommented:
This question has been classified as abandoned and is being closed as part of the Cleanup Program. See my comment at the end of the question for more details.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: SSL Checker

Scans your site and returns information about your SSL implementation and certificate. Helpful for debugging and validating your SSL configuration.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now