I have a set of coordinates (northing and easting) and data associated with each coordinate that I would like to display in visio. I would like to:
- Link the data from excel dynamically
- add a shape for each line in the spread sheet based on the data (northing, easting)
- edit the shapes based on other shape data (change the color of the shape to red based on shape data criteria)
- label the shape with the unique ID "Pile"
- have all of the data from excel as shape data that can be viewed when published or exported to PDF.
I'm new to using visio, but have been able to link the data in visio, but am not sure where to start on the other requirements.
”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.
-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros
With your subscription - you'll gain access to our exclusive IT community of thousands of IT pros. You'll also be able to connect with highly specified Experts to get personalized solutions to your troubleshooting & research questions. It’s like crowd-sourced consulting.
We can't always guarantee that the perfect solution to your specific problem will be waiting for you. If you ask your own question - our Certified Experts will team up with you to help you get the answers you need.
Our certified Experts are CTOs, CISOs, and Technical Architects who answer questions, write articles, and produce videos on Experts Exchange. 99% of them have full time tech jobs - they volunteer their time to help other people in the technology industry learn and succeed.
We can't guarantee quick solutions - Experts Exchange isn't a help desk. We're a community of IT professionals committed to sharing knowledge. Our experts volunteer their time to help other people in the technology industry learn and succeed.