Excel VLookup Problem
Posted on 2011-03-05
I am preparing a cost estimate in Excel 2010, and have also created a table with a set of cost rates for each item.
In the rates column in the cost estimate, I have used a vlookup function to insert the rate for the corresponding item. Its all working OK except for 2 items 'DLH' and 'LDE'. I get #N/A for those items. Have checked using same value category (eg text), and typing exactly same text. But still not resolved. If I change item description to say 'xxx', the problem goes and the corresponding rate appears. Seems to not like anything that starts with 'D'.
Hope someone can help