European characters are not displaying properly:
1. the characters are correct in the MySQL table
2. Field collation is set to utf8_general_ci
3. PHP page contains
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Have tried inserting into the PHP:
1. mysql_query("SET NAMES utf8");
2. mysql_query("SET CHARACTER SET utf8");
3. mysql_query("SET CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=NULL");
Can get the characters to show on the local server with line 3 inserted; but not when uploaded to the remote server. Can see no explaining differences on the phpinfo page.
Work with freelancers specializing in everything from database administration to programming, who have proven themselves as experts in their field. Hire the best, collaborate easily, pay securely, and get projects done right.