I saw a great post/example of dynamically changing an image to create impressive legends, notes, etc.
I am trying to figure out how to do it and have googled and read several sites. No luck.
From what I understand, I need to:
1. Add the (alternative) images to my sheet
2. Make sure the images are fully contained inside of their respective cells
3. Name the Cells (and as a result, the image)
4. Add a formula to a cell that results in one of the pictures
5. Define a new name (i.e. "picture") that refers to this cell
6. Insert one of the images into the cell that you want to dynamically change. (from what I read, it doesn't matter which image I select)
7. select the image and change the formula bar to: "=picture"
I get stuck on #7. For some reason, when I select the image, I cannot change anything in the formula bar. It is unaccessible.
”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.
-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros
With your subscription - you'll gain access to our exclusive IT community of thousands of IT pros. You'll also be able to connect with highly specified Experts to get personalized solutions to your troubleshooting & research questions. It’s like crowd-sourced consulting.
We can't always guarantee that the perfect solution to your specific problem will be waiting for you. If you ask your own question - our Certified Experts will team up with you to help you get the answers you need.
Our certified Experts are CTOs, CISOs, and Technical Architects who answer questions, write articles, and produce videos on Experts Exchange. 99% of them have full time tech jobs - they volunteer their time to help other people in the technology industry learn and succeed.
We can't guarantee quick solutions - Experts Exchange isn't a help desk. We're a community of IT professionals committed to sharing knowledge. Our experts volunteer their time to help other people in the technology industry learn and succeed.