Solved

Thread Message Queue implementation in Windows?

Posted on 2011-03-07
Last Modified: 2012-05-11
Experts,

I have requirement like, i need to collect the data in one thread and pass on the data to another thread.

I am planning to use messaque queues supported  my windows.
Can i get info on how to use messagequeues for the above requirement?

I found below links for sending /receiving thru messagequeues:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms644946(VS.85).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms644936(v=VS.85).aspx

Iam i referring the right APIs? Here i am not posting to windows(NO MFC, its thread to thread message queue what i need)
Comment
Question by:srimallikarthik
4 Comments

LVL 13

Accepted Solution

by:
agarwalrahul earned 500 total points
ID: 35073806
Windows doesn't create message queues by default for all the threads. It creates them for only those threads, which require them.
you need to create message loops to effcetively transfer messages between processes.

This should give you a fair idea of using mesasge queues:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms644928(v=vs.85).aspx

Author Comment

by:srimallikarthik
ID: 35292904
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed comments,

agarwalrahul's comment was useful, we can close this quetions

LVL 53

Expert Comment

by:Dhaest
ID: 35321697
This question has been classified as abandoned and is being closed as part of the Cleanup Program. See my comment at the end of the question for more details.

Featured Post

Enterprise Mobility and BYOD For Dummies

Like “For Dummies” books, you can read this in whatever order you choose and learn about mobility and BYOD; and how to put a competitive mobile infrastructure in place. Developed for SMBs and large enterprises alike, you will find helpful use cases, planning, and implementation.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Title # Comments Views Activity
How can I copy my DVDs to MP4 file format on my Macbook? 16 136
robocopy vs xcopy vs copy 8 87
Problem to start Neon 20 84
Problem to open Excel file 15 95
Whether you’re a college noob or a soon-to-be pro, these tips are sure to help you in your journey to becoming a programming ninja and stand out from the crowd.
This guide will walk you through the essential considerations and tech stack for building scalable websites. Know how to grow your business the smart way!
The goal of the tutorial is to teach the user how to use functions in C++. The video will cover how to define functions, how to call functions and how to create functions prototypes. Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express will be used as a text editor an…
The viewer will learn how to pass data into a function in C++. This is one step further in using functions. Instead of only printing text onto the console, the function will be able to perform calculations with argumentents given by the user.

914 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question

Need Help in Real-Time?

Connect with top rated Experts

15 Experts available now in Live!

Get 1:1 Help Now