Internal DVD Writer Problem
Posted on 2011-03-08
I tried to copy some files to a CD today using my Pioneer Internal DVR-A 18M writer, using this method.
1. Insert a blank, writable CD into the CD recorder.
2. Open My Computer.
3. Click the files or folders you want to copy to the CD. To select more than one file, hold down the CTRL key while you click the files you want. Then, under File and Folder Tasks, click Copy this file, Copy this folder, or Copy the selected items.
If the files are located in My Pictures, under Picture Tasks, click Copy to CD or Copy all items to CD, and then skip to step 5.
4. In the Copy Items dialog box, click the CD recording drive, and then click Copy.
5. In My Computer, double-click the CD recording drive. Windows displays a temporary area where the files are held before they are copied to the CD. Verify that the files and folders that you intend to copy to the CD appear under Files Ready to be Written to the CD.
6. Under CD Writing Tasks, click Write these files to CD. Windows displays the CD Writing Wizard. Follow the instructions in the wizard.
When i try this method after getting to step 4 i get this error message F:\ is not accesssible Incorrect Function. The drive is obviously assigned an F drive. I can't figure this out, it's a plug and play device. I went to device manager>drive and selcted disabled then restarted my computer. Still i can't open the drive, can someone please help.
O/S: Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3
Processor: 3.20 gigahertz Intel Celeron
Power Supply: Corsair VX 550W
Mother Board: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-7104 20A MSI PM8M-V Socket 478 Motherboard
RAM 2048 MB DDR
Hard Disk 1TB
Hard Disk Two 80GB
BIOS BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 02/22/2006
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy-Model Number SB0570 Presently using onboard.
Desktop Case L x W x H) Approx. 17.0' x 7.0" x 14.0"