- In the function setDDValue, a cookie can be set in the closure between line 117 and 124
- This cookie would have the same value as the variable 'value', passed in the function (i.e.: 'value' would be something like "Alaska")
- Since the Prototype library cannot "click" things programmatically, an event listener for a custom event needs to be created in order for it to work. Copy line 93, and paste it immediately after, and change it with a new custom even name, eg.:
On the page that needs to be smart enough to auto select the city:
- Read the cookie stored
- If cookie exists, fire the stateSelected event for the corresponding state link, ie: $('rrtaa67').fire('stateSelected'); where rrtaa67 is the ID name of the link in custom dropdown.
- This must be after the page has done loading, so bind it to the document load event. dropdown.js