- In the function setDDValue, a cookie can be set in the closure between line 117 and 124
- This cookie would have the same value as the variable 'value', passed in the function (i.e.: 'value' would be something like "Alaska")
- Since the Prototype library cannot "click" things programmatically, an event listener for a custom event needs to be created in order for it to work. Copy line 93, and paste it immediately after, and change it with a new custom even name, eg.:
On the page that needs to be smart enough to auto select the city:
- Read the cookie stored
- If cookie exists, fire the stateSelected event for the corresponding state link, ie: $('rrtaa67').fire('stateSelected'); where rrtaa67 is the ID name of the link in custom dropdown.
- This must be after the page has done loading, so bind it to the document load event. dropdown.js
”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.
-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros
With your subscription - you'll gain access to our exclusive IT community of thousands of IT pros. You'll also be able to connect with highly specified Experts to get personalized solutions to your troubleshooting & research questions. It’s like crowd-sourced consulting.
We can't always guarantee that the perfect solution to your specific problem will be waiting for you. If you ask your own question - our Certified Experts will team up with you to help you get the answers you need.
Our certified Experts are CTOs, CISOs, and Technical Architects who answer questions, write articles, and produce videos on Experts Exchange. 99% of them have full time tech jobs - they volunteer their time to help other people in the technology industry learn and succeed.
We can't guarantee quick solutions - Experts Exchange isn't a help desk. We're a community of IT professionals committed to sharing knowledge. Our experts volunteer their time to help other people in the technology industry learn and succeed.