Our office currently uses MS Office 2003.
I am getting an error message when launching the "Advanced Search" feature, in Outlook.
The exact error message is:
"Outlook cannot open the find dialog box to search for items." (and then an OK button)
I'm running Windows XP SP3
Outlook 2003 SP3
The following was tried, but without success:
1) I looked to see if her Outlook client had anything disabled...nothing.
2) I've ran a Detect & Repair...didn't help.
3) I've reset her Office Suite installation by deleting the 11.0 & 9.0 Hive keys (in her HKEY_Local_Machine \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office Registry), and then restarting Outlook and running through the setup.....but this did not resolve the issue.
4) I tried restarting Outlook through the START + RUN option and using the "Outlook.exe /cleanviews" command....nothing doing.
5) Thinking that it might be an issue with her Search Folders, I tried restarting Outlook, again, using the START + RUN option, but this time using the "Outlook.exe /cleanfinders" command...... still no go.
6) Recreated Outlook profile via by creating a new OUTLOOK profil , first by closing Outlook, making sure Outlook.exe is not running, then going to start, settings, control pannel, mail, show profiles... add, added the new proifle, told outlook to use the new profile. Same problem.
7) Logged off the affected desktop , and from another machine remotey renamed my windows profile on the offended machine under c:\documents and settings\... , logged on again, same problem.
I found very little in Google, about this problem.
There has been a previous Experts Exchange link about the very same problem, but the proposed solution did not work: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Office_Productivity/Groupware/Outlook/Q_26727221.html
Any help is greatly appreciated.