What to do in Symantec Enterprise Vault before and after recreating the Exchange Server mailbox ?
Posted on 2011-03-09
To All Experts,
I'm in the process of deleting my mailbox and then recreating it again due to the some corrupted items detected which caused my transaction log to grow beyond control in this particular mailbox. My mailbox has been around with the exchange server since 2005 therefore there are hundreds thousand of email that is archived in the EV Mailbox.
My current plan is:
1. Export mailbox content into .PST and then Delete the current mailbox
2. Recreate new mailbox and then Restore all of the email items from the exported PST above
3. ....????.... confused how to begin the archiving from the new mailbox or restore 3 years old email from the Vault ?
My questions are:
1. What to do to before I delete the mailbox
2. what to do after the mailbox restore ?
If anyone can advise what to do in regards to the steps above, I'll be very glad.