DELL PowerEdge 2900 with RAID 5 Configuration running Windows 2000 Advanced Server (SP4) / Windows XP Pro workstations.
Been experiencing this issue over the past 3 months now whereby data folders on the server literally just disappear! - I have ruled out users deleting or moving folders as I enabled auditing on the server – There is also no pattern that I can see, e.g. it’s not happening at the same time or particular day e.g. it is totally random, it can happen one or two days in a week or it may be fine for an entire week but then experience data disappear in week two.
Some of the things I have tried are as follows;
- Flashed to latest BIOS (this was an Urgent requirement on DELL’s site).
- Upgraded to latest firmware for DELL PERC 5/i integrated.
- Upgraded to latest firmware for DELL SAS 5/i integrated.
- Installed latest PERC 5/i integrated driver.
- Installed latest SAS 5/i integrated driver.
- Checked DELL OpenManage Server Administrator (no warnings / errors).
- Performed full virus scan.
- Checked Event Viewer (nothing obvious).
- Performed Windows update.
Post the changes above I must say that I didn’t experience any disappearing of files / folders for over 3 weeks but today I have experienced the same issue.
Any ideas would be most welcomed as this is becoming a nightmare to support as I’m sure you can imagine.