I’m having a strange issue which seems to be happening to just one of my PC’s. During the initial Outlook profile setup, where I enter the server name and user name, I hit the ‘Check Name’ button and from there I can’t get authenticated. The authentication box pops up like it should, I enter DOMAIN\USER and my password, hit okay, then the box just pops right back up like it isn’t even trying to authenticate with the email server.
I’ve done this same setup countless times before on different hardware with no issue.
Here’s some of the troubleshooting I’ve done as well as other info:
- Verified DNS connectivity, even tried static setting in the host file with no luck
- Verified authentication by browsing to \\emailserver and authenticating with the same credentials that way, no problem at all
- This setup worked earlier today on a different laptop (different model) no problem
- OWA works fine from this laptop
- Don’t see anything in the logs locally, on the DC, or on the email server itself
- Tried disabling AV real-time protection and firewall, no help
I’m getting stumped here, anyone have any ideas?