SBS2008 Domain Users Suddenly Receiving Authentication Prompt when accessing OL2007 via Exchange
Posted on 2011-03-09
Suddenly I have end-users within a domain environment being continuously prompted to type in their UserID/Password when accessing Outlook 2007.
Using SBS 2008, Exchange 2007 SP1, Outlook Anywhere. Majority are OL2007, 1x is OL2010, 1x 2003.
It's been working fine and with NO issue until today. I've tried/checked the following:
1. EWS directory in IIS to ensure Windows Authentication was enabled.
2. Under IIS directory; ensuring that the certificate was Accepted versus Ignored.
3. Switching from Basic to NTLM Authentication on Server and Client Machine.
4. Removing the need to access via Exchange HTTP Proxy altogether.
5. Renamed the folder under %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\microsoft\protect.
I did notice that the PC's with Windows 7 updated to SP1 but we've got some XPSP3 machines so that isn't the issue.
No joy either way. Any suggestions?