Recover dismounted Exchange EDB store
Posted on 2011-03-09
I have a problem bringing back the EDB file for the mailbox database to the Exchange 2007.
(OS is Microsoft SBS 2008 SP1, Exchange 2007, much of HDD space ...)
- It started with Outlook being disconnected from the Exchange server.
- Taking a look into the Exchange Administration Console the first storage group was shown as dismounted.
- Trying to mount it I receive
a Messagebox with Errorcode: MapiExceptionCallFailed: Unable to mount database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=-528)
The event log shows me MSExchangeIS Event 9518, ... Initialization of Jet failed
- using "eseutil /MH" on the EDB file I got "State : Dirty Shutdown"
- checking the "Exxx" files in the database folder I recognized one file being damaged (could not copy/rename, Error 0x80070570 "File or Folder damaged")
- did a copy of the EDB file
- ran "eseutil /P" against the copy : result "Integrity check successful"
- ran "eseutil /D" against the copy : result "completed successfully"
- copied back the "repaired" EDB file to the database folder (preserving the old one)
- the store is now shown as "State : clean shutdown, Log required : 0-0"
- tried to mount the store : result is again "Unable to mount database"
- moved the file to another Folder using the Exchange Administration Console
- eseutil /MH shows "State : clean shutdown, Log required : 0-0"
- tried to mount the store : result is same again "Unable to mount database"
- again did "eseutil /P" + "eseutil /D"
- isinteg -s [SERVER] -test alltests shows "Isinteg cannot initiate verification process."
- the Windows application log now tells me that it is still looking for the "old" log file that was damaged in former steps (and cannot find it)
- trying to mount to store now results in "MapiExceptionJetErrorDiskIO: Unable to mount database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=-1022)
A hardware problem ? (the machine is running on RAID5 with no problems)
Any idea is welcome.
Thanks in advance