Does Gigabit network switches boost the network performance -if you are not transfering huge files ?
Posted on 2011-03-09
- we have small business network
- 25 computers
- most of them access email through outlook
- have internal email server
- access some applications on 1-2 servers (LAN)
- All PC's have Gigabit NIC cards
- we don't copy and move huge files(like drawing files..etc)
Now if we replace a network switch from 10/100 to Gigabit:
1. Does it make a huge difference in terms of speed in the network ?
2. Are there any chances of the network slowing down after putting the new gigabit switch ?
3. What is the best way of testing to see if the gigabit switch helped ? just copy paste
files from local PC to server and see as how the speed is ? (before and after)