Suggestion for a new backup hardware or method
Posted on 2011-03-10
Hi all. We are in need to adjust our backup method and hardware due to the increase in our data. We currently have 2 LTO-1 tape drive and we're running full backups every night and had to exclude a lot of things because we're running out of space on our tapes. Below is the information of the server and the backup schedule:
- Our Domino Server in Windows Server 2003 R2
- 445 GB of Hard Drive. Used about 300 GB
- Intel Xeon 5140 2.33 Ghz
- Full Backup everynight
- Domain Controller. WIndows Server 2003 R2
- 150 GB
- Intel Pnetium D 3.00 GHz
- File Server. Windows Server 2003 R2
- 600 GB (separated into 4 drives with different sizes)
- Intel Xeon 3.00 GHz
Server SH and CR are backed up into one tape every night.
We're looking to upgrade the tape drives so we can have a complete and good backup because right now we don't have one. Please advise, thank you.