Solved

Windows 7 Crashed After Updates on most computers

Posted on 2011-03-10
6
482 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-11
Hello,

I am an IT consultant, this morning the phones are ablaze with calls reporting Windows wont start. The most common error on startup is Fatal Error C0000034 applying update operation 282 of 116696 (_00000...)

I have tried these things:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/thread/1c9a7151-b48c-4a98-aae7-a4b82682ea8e/#bcabda57-7338-499f-aee2-d708e76df315

The referenced item in the file does not exist so I cannot change it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reg load HKLM\BaseSystem C:\Windows\System32\config\SYSTEM
o      Reg Delete "HKLM\BaseSystem\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager" /v SetupExecute
o      Reg add "HKLM\BaseSystem\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager" /v SetupExecute /t REG_MULTI_SZ
o      Reg unload HKLM\BaseSystem

Now the systems will just hang at the "Starting Windows" screen

0
Comment
Question by:borgmember
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 3
  • 2
6 Comments
 
LVL 50

Expert Comment

by:jcimarron
ID: 35097439
borgmember--Did you install a program (like Win7 SP1) the day before this started?
Can you get into System Recovery-perhaps in Safe Mode-and restore to a time before that installation?  Or restore a backup prior to the problem?
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/147653-fatal-error-c0000034.html
See the "Answer" here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/608ecca8-b815-4ff6-8f3c-a828518434a7
0
 

Author Comment

by:borgmember
ID: 35097523
I believe sp1 is being deployed from all of the sbs servers out there now. This is hitting my clients hard. I have seen and tried those fixes with no luck. When sp1 installs it erases all of the old restore points.
0
 

Author Comment

by:borgmember
ID: 35097551
I believe sp1 is being deployed from all of the sbs servers out there now. This is hitting my clients hard. I have seen and tried those fixes with no luck. When sp1 installs it erases all of the old restore points.
0
U.S. Department of Agriculture and Acronis Access

With the new era of mobile computing, smartphones and tablets, wireless communications and cloud services, the USDA sought to take advantage of a mobilized workforce and the blurring lines between personal and corporate computing resources.

 
LVL 50

Accepted Solution

by:
jcimarron earned 500 total points
ID: 35097592
0
 
LVL 47

Expert Comment

by:Donald Stewart
ID: 35110776
Go over


"Your computer may freeze or restart to a black screen that has a "0xc0000034" error message after you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or a Windows Vista service pack"


http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975484
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:borgmember
ID: 35305587
This was the fix and saved me a ton of headaches. This would work on 95% of the machines but the other 5% I had to do a repair install of Windows on as the Windows Installer server was not working.
0

Featured Post

Use Case: Protecting a Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure

Microsoft Azure is rapidly becoming the norm in dynamic IT environments. This document describes the challenges that organizations face when protecting data in a hybrid cloud IT environment and presents a use case to demonstrate how Acronis Backup protects all data.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

If you get continual lockouts after changing your Active Directory password, there are several possible reasons.  Two of the most common are using other devices to access your email and stored passwords in the credential manager of windows.
By default the complete memory dump option is disabled in windows . If we want to enable the complete memory dump for a diagnostic purpose, we have a solution for it. here we are using the registry method to enable this.
This Micro Tutorial will give you a basic overview of Windows DVD Burner through its features and interface. This will be demonstrated using Windows 7 operating system.
The viewer will learn how to successfully create a multiboot device using the SARDU utility on Windows 7. Start the SARDU utility: Change the image directory to wherever you store your ISOs, this will prevent you from having 2 copies of an ISO wit…

740 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question