I have a friend with the following issue.
We wish to upgrade the HD in her Mac Book Pro, but we wish to cart all of the info from each partition into the new HD.
The steps that have been taken are as follows:
0) Created DMG's of both old partitions. (using 0 as an afterthought)
1) Partitioned the new HD with OSX disk util into 2 partitions - Mac Journaled & MS-DOS
2) Used carbon copy to cart the mac partiton to the new drive.
3) Switched the HD's, booted into the MAc OS from the new HD.
4) Ran Boot Camp to install Win 7 on the MS-DOS partition
5) Repartitioned the respective partition with NTFS and installed windows.
It is here where I am stuck.
How so I get to write over the newest Win 7 Partition (NTFS) with the old partition data?