I am currently looking to find an automated solution for a manual tracking process for a customer.
1. We are contracted by a local airport to collect vouchers from transportation vehicles (buses, vans, etc) that pick up arrival passengers in groups.
2. The vouchers are a set of triplicate carbon copy papers that are numbered, assigned, and handed out to the local transportation companies. They then give their drivers the vouchers.
3. When a vehicle comes through the airport from one of these companies-we'll use a bus an as example- The driver has to fill out information (Driver info, Company info, How many passengers, Flight No., etc.) and sign it.
4. Our job is to take those vouchers, give one copy to the driver and the other two copies to the airport accounting department. On a daily basis, we also have to input certain information in the airport's accounting software from those vouchers that goes into their accounting database.
That is the basics of it.
Is there any software solution/hardware solution out there that will automate the beginning of that process such as:
1. Create a database of all transportation companies and their info.
2. Assign electronic/magnetic identifiers to those companies (Smartcards, Barcodes, Magnetic Cards, etc.)
3. When the drivers arrive at the airport, they use their identifier on a machine or we use a handheld device (like FedEx, UPS) to scan their identifier and pull up their information as well as edit number of passengers, etc.
4. Allow us to print reports/vouchers to manually enter into the 3rd party software and submit to airport.
I will take any suggestions or if anyone can point me in the right direction. Not all requirements have to be met. Just need a starting base. Thank you!!