In a Windows domain with a 2003 server running exchange 2003, I've been replacing the old Xp pro boxes running outlook 2003 with new Win7 pro 64 bit (w/SP1) runing office 2007 std. Everything is fine until I start outlook. It finds the server and validates the mail server and user name correctly. whe I open outlook in uncached mode (Like all the other XP & Win7 boxes are setup), Outlook stops working and closes. I ran Office 2007 diagnostics and it can;t find a problem. The user is added to the local administrator group on the Win7 box.
All windows updates have been applied.
If I turn cached mode on it works but I'm trying to keep everything identical.
The event viewer only shows the app stoppedn workimng and died.