I have Vsphere installed on a machine that has an Adaptec 5805 adapter and wanted to manage drive arrays with the Adaptec ASM package. From the notes on Adaptec's site:
2.5 VMware Setup Notes - To install Adaptec Storage Manager on the VMware ESX Server:
1. Insert the Adaptec Storage Manager application CD into the CD-ROM drive.
2. Type the following command to install the 32-bit Linux Adaptec Storage Manager on the VMware ESX Server:
rpm -ivh RaidMan-8.40.i386.rpm
3. Install Adaptec Storage Manager on a Windows or Linux machine.
4. From the Windows or Linux client, connect to the Adaptec Storage Manager agent on the VMware ESX Server using the ASM GUI.
- The Adaptec Storage Manager agent on the VMware ESX Server cannot be monitored from a guest operating system.
- The VMware ESX Server firewall must have specific ports enabled for incoming and outgoing traffic. The default ports Adaptec Storage Manager uses for connection are 34570 to 34580.
Will this driver work on the current VSphere package? Since I downloaded the ASM package from Adaptec's site, I don't have the CD they're referring to. Is the rpm file available independently?