I up-sized a test Access 2010 db with three tables using Access and SQL Server Migration Assistant to a local SQL Server Express installation on my Win 7 64 bit system and to a hosted SQL Server 2008 db. Both setups take 10 to 20 minutes to open a table of 462 rows. The strange part is that I can open these same database from another 64bit win 7 computer on the network and they both open immediately without problem.
Process to date:
1. Ran the Microsoft online FixIt uninstall for Office 2003, 2007, and 2010. Rebooted and reinstalled 2010 and tested both databases. Same problem.
2. Removed all related ODBC 32 bit and 64 bit DSN entries and re-entered the 32 bit only. No Change
3. Removed fingerprint reader software and tested with no change ( MS Tech support reported that an HP Laptop had a similar problem caused by the fingerprint software)
4. Removed all other software that uses ODBC
5. Opened a case with a senior Microsoft tech support person for both SQL server and Access. They have run a number of tests and have copies of the databases but have not found a solution after 3 weeks.
The computer with the problem is a:
ASUS P5Q Premium MB
Intel Q6600 (not overclocked)
4 gb mem
2 WD 1tb drives in Raid 1 confg.
1 WD 2tb drive (non raid)
I have no other problems with this computer and Access database not linked to SQL run great. (including one with large tables over 500,000 rows.)
Currently the only solution appears to be a new workstation. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.