W3WP.exe is Causing Issues with Exchange and Activesync
Posted on 2011-03-15
I have been Dealing with this problem all week and have not found a resolution yet. So I need Help.
What I have is a SBS 2003 with SP2 server. I have about 40 users and about a Dozen Execs using Iphones and or Androids, half of which is complaining about sync issues.
The server is up to date with the Updates and patches, Exchange is SP2
When I look at my event log I see Active Sync errors (3014, 3007, 3005). I have increase the keep alive on the default site to help with the 3005 errors.
when I look at the processes running I see that W3WP.exe is running about 75%-99 cpu time with 300K memory.
I have also found which threads that the w3wp.exe is running which is the Exchange Application pool PID 5348.
I have looked into the Application pool settings and tweaked some thing but it didnt make much difference at all so I put them back to the default settings.
I have applied KB970103, 971439, 912586
As I stated, some iphones and androids are having sync issues. I have two users that stated when they reply to an email it sends two - three messages.
I have noticed aswell that when the CPU is full that exchange starts to slow down sometimes I have to run IISREST to stablize everything.
Thanks for your help