I am trying to install SP1 with no success. I have searched for solutions and tried everything that I could find. I'd appreciate any advice that would get this done for me. Here's my activity log which shows what I have tried. I am also including the CBS.LOG and the HijackThis.LOG. Let me know if I can get anything else as needed.
1. Asus NX90Jq
a. Intel I7 Q740 ACPI x64 processor
b. 8GB RAM
c. 1TB disk (2*500GB ST9500420AS)
d. Intel 5 Series 4 Port STAT AHCI Controller
e. NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M
g. Renesas Electronics USB 3.0
h. NVidia High Definition Audio
i. YUAN MC570QA ATSC/Analog Hybrid Tuner
j. UVC 2M WebCam
k. Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gb Ethernet Controller
l. HP 2509 Series Wide LCD Monitor
m. Two ELAN PS/2 Port Smart-Pads
n. Mot Composite ADB Interface
o. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with Office 2010
2. Running under System Administrator
3. Available disk space 28 GB on C: drive.
4. Ran disk cleanup.
5. Created System Restore point.
6. Create Image Backup.
7. Windows 7 device drivers are all current.
8. Graphics drivers all current.
9. Ran KB947821 System Readiness Tool.
10. Renamed SoftwareDistribution folder.
11. Power Plan all at “never” and on AC.
12. Performed Clean Boot with MSConfig.
13. KB2454826 is installed.
14. Ran Windows Update Troubleshooter. (Always says a problem is fixed)
15. N360v5 full scan and then disabled.
16. Networks disabled, both WLAN and LAN
17. Installing KB976932
a. Runs successfully through Reboot.
b. On reboot, says configuring update do not power off.
c. At 0%, says Failure Configuring Service Pack / Reverting Changes.
d. WER: Generating failure report for package status 0x800700b7, source DOQ
e. Installation was not successful: Error: 0x800f0826
f. CBS.LOG says
Failed to internally open package. [HRESULT = 0x800f0805 - CBS_E_INVALID_PACKAGE]
g. Moved package to SA’s download library then CBS.LOG says
DriverUpdateStageUpdates failed [HRESULT = 0x800700b7 - ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS]
Doqe: Failed staging driver updates [HRESULT = 0x800700b7 - ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS]
18. Earlier attempts without all these steps caused me to have to restore from the prior night’s image backup because attempts to start windows continued to attempt to configure update with Error 0X800f0826. Upon restore, all of my Windows Updates History had been cleared. I am not sure why.
19. Had attempted DISM cleanup but it fails saying it cannot access the file. My understanding is that this is due to the Windows Update History having been cleared. DISM needs the %windir% files as well as the installation source file.