Received the message Turbotax 2010 has stopped working after clicking on the shortcut to the launch the program.
Computer is brand new with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit installed and is fully up-to-date. Turbotax 2009 is installed and works perfectly. Turbotax 2010 installs with no errors but unable to run program after installing.
More details that were provided when program stopped working.
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: turbotax.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2010.10.1.235
Problem Signature 03: 4ccb2f09
Problem Signature 04: TurboTax
Problem Signature 05: 2010.10.1.235
Problem Signature 06: 4ccb2f09
Problem Signature 07: 10
Problem Signature 08: 0
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileLoadException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Possible solutions that we have already attempted that do not work.
1. reinstalled Turbotax 2010
2. ran program as administrator
3. ran .NET Utility Tool provided by turbotax to attempt to fix the error
4. ran program under a different user account
5. installed most current version of .NET