I'm having difficulty re-establishing a VPN connection at a client site that I inherited.
I've posted a previous question with a slightly different configuration but no success
Layout (site1 - site2)
Cisco ASA 5505 (with bridging/PPPoE relay modem) ---| c l o u d |--- bridging modem---Cisco 877 (vlan with pppoe)
Both sites can access internet ok.
Where it broke is when I setup a new internet connection at site1 with a new static IP.
Long story short, I've discovered that one of the routers (the 877) has a bridging modem ahead of it so when I look at the interface state for Dialer0 it says initializing and down, even though the internet connection is working fine (however not sure if its relevant)
I've tried a bunch of things including:
- updating IPs in pre-shared key, peer etc
- recreating the IPSEC policies from scratch
- associated the IPSEC policy with the VLAN
- setting up easy VPN server (on the 877)
- and more (http://www.experts-exchange.com/Security/Software_Firewalls/Enterprise_Firewalls/Cisco_PIX_Firewall/Q_26879380.html
I'm fairly green with Cisco (using CLI and SDM) so will not be offended by any comments like "wtf are you doing...?";;)
Also, when I run a packet trace on the ASA, it halts at the VPN step with "(acl-drop) flow is denied by configured rule"
I've attached show run and some other commands from both devices
I'd give any amount of points to have this resolved!!