Outlook Anywhere no longer working after dissabling ssl 2.0
Posted on 2011-03-16
We are using Outlook 2007 and exchange 2003, with outlook anywhere up untill tonight. It was suggested that we dissable ssl 2.0 to make our exchange server more secure, I went in and made the following registry changes
(1.Click Start, click Run, type regedt32 or type regedit, and then click OK.
2. In Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKey_Local_Machine \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ SecurityProviders \ SCHANNEL \ Protocols \ SSL 2.0 \ Server
3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value.
4. In the Data Type list, click DWORD.
5. In the Value Name box, type Enabled, and then click OK. Note If this value is present, double-click the value to edit its current value.
6. Type 00000000 in Binary Editor to set the value of the new key equal to “0¿.)
and now we are having trouble sending and recieveing when using laptops off site. (they work fine on our network) also I don't know if this is related or not but there is a signifcant delay in sending emails out.
After noticing these problems, I went back and undid the registry edits but the problems still persist.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.