Migrating multiple AD forest/Exchange environment into single AD Forest/exchange 2010. Following is a brief description: Exchange 2003 SP2/window 2003 and 2007 SP1/windows 2003 SP2 (64 bit) migrating to Exchange 2010/Windows 2008 . Most of existing Exchange 2003 servers are running Mixed mode,while Exchange 2007 SP1 is running Native mode. One of the 2003 AD is running in "Interim" mode, while other AD 2003 are running in "Native" mode. All users AD migration to 2008 is complete via ADMT tool
Looking for following migration details for this complex environment.
1) During coexistance how calendering/free busy could be avialable unitl migration is complete. (Any free 3rd party tool. Can't use Quest Software)
2) For moving users mailboxes using Move-Request cmdlet, are there any pre-requisties ?. for Example, during coexistance does Exchange 2010 to be installed in Mixed mode
3)Using Move-Request cmdlet in Exchange 2007, Does Exchange 2007 require SP2 upgrade
4)Any Exchange upgrades required for sharing calendar/freebusy during migration
5) Can the Move-Request cmdlet be scripted to run for list of users (Cross-Forest move)
6) After mailbox move,any issues accessing legacy mail/calendar items in new Exchange/AD forest ?
7) After mailbox move, any issues responding to legacy mail/calendar items from new Exchange environment ?
8)If there are issues what are the work around for 6) & 7)
9)Tool(s) to migrate DL's/Contacts
10)Any issues migrating DL's, Does DL retains all members and does DL and members email address changes to reflect new email address
11)Tool(s) to migrate Calendar resources/rooms and retaining owners
Assistance, direction and recommendation will be appreciated